CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Humming For Groups

Yesterday I heard a little one humming a song a song and I thought of a grouping activity I haven't used in a while.  I thought I would share it with you as well.

Write on index cards the names of several different tunes your children would know and can hum.  (My students don't know the tunes so I usually have to teach them the tunes.)  You will need one tune for each group.
Examples:  Row, Row Your Boat,  Mary Had a Little Lamb, etc.

Each child draws a card from the group and doesn't tell anyone what tune they have.

When you say go, everyone starts humming their tune and walking around the room trying to locate the other people in their group humming the same tune.  There is no talking and they are NOT allowed to show anyone the card.  When everyone has been "Found" they go to a location on the edge of the room away from the others and hum their song loudly, then stand silently.  (I usually tell them how many people make up a group ahead of time so they will know how many people to find.)

When the last group has gone to a location and the room is now silent, I pick up the cards.  I now have groups for the activity that we are doing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love comments. :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...