CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award


First let me thank Karla at Life in Special Education Blog and Anne at The Candy Apple blog for nominating me for this honor.  I appreciate it immensely and ask that you visit these blogs to discover the wonderful things that they share.

After accepting this honor there are some things you are requested to do.
1.  Thank the person (people) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
2.  Share 7 things about you.
3.  Pass this award along to 15 other blogs that you have discovered.

Seven things you may or may not know about me:

1.  I love to read when I can find my glasses. lol  I read a lot of young adult books so I can recommend books to my students.  I also love to read Terri Blackstock books.

2.  I grew up on a farm.

3.  The majority of my teaching experience has been in sixth grade. (The first year I was put in sixth grade was because the district couldn't find anyone else who would take the job and it was only a week before school started!  They could find someone to take my job in fifth, but they wouldn't take the sixth grade position.)

4.  I have taught in rural districts and in a large urban district.

5.  The smallest class I ever taught was 21 students.  The largest class I ever taught was 42 students in fifth grade.  Desks had to be put in the closet and every time we got in line it had to be one row at a time and the desks moved sideways so everyone could walk to the front.

6.  I have been the recipient of two grants: a Sprint Achievement Grant and An Excellence in Education Grant.

7.  When I bought my first computer, I had never worked on one.  I thought it was something I should learn and I had to call someone to ask how to turn it on!  I have learned through trial and error, lots of error.

Now I am supposed to recognize 15 blogs I have discovered.  (Honestly, I try to read the latest posts on as many blogs as I can each day and find at least one new blog a day.  Here is my list of some new and old  vintage blog friends.)



















2 comments:

Mary Lee

Thanks for nominating us! Here's our link:

http://readingyear.blogspot.com/2011/09/were-versatile-bloggers.html

Precious Perks (Leigh)

WOW!!! Thanks for the honor!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love comments. :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...