CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Capacity and Customary Measure

As I shared in my  Is This A Purple Elephant post, my students struggle with remembering standard rules but they have no trouble remembering stories I tell them.  They will repeat them over and over with great enthusiasm and will often want me to tell the same story over and over as well.  ;0)

For this reason, I have turned my Capacity Kingdom story  into a PowerPoint with pictures.   When we are done with the story, they usually can all draw the mnemonic device to answer conversion questions with customary measurement.  This PowerPoint Story has illustrations to go along with the story and the students draw their mnemonic device as the story progresses.  (Since I am supposed to be teaching fourth grade this year, I thought the visual story with illustrations would be of even greater value.  I also ordered little magnets for them from Vista Print with the picture for this year!)

I often hear them sharing the stories I tell them at lunch with students in other classrooms or students who were absent, which is so funny since they usually add, "Oh, that is SOO easy if you know the story.  Let me teach you the story and how to draw it." and away they go.

By the way I am referring to sixth graders who are thrilled, which often is not an easy thing to do.  LOL



Gallon Castle - A Story of One Family in Capacity Kingdom is available at my Teachers Pay Teachers Store and at my         Teachers Notebook store if anyone is interested in a copy of the story in PowerPoint.  



1 comments:

Lauren Blazek

I love this!! Do you have a story for Larry Liter?

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love comments. :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...