CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Favorite Books Linky Party

Runde's Room is having a linky party about favorite books.

Childhood Books-- I really didn't have a favorite book. As a child, we went to the library every Saturday. We checked out books for a week and we were expected by our parents to have read all of those books by the next Saturday. I just found a shelf that I thought looked interesting and just read down the shelf. The books changed with my mind each week.

Classroom Favorites--It has been many years since I have taught where I was given time to read to my class. When I was allowed to do what was best for my students, my favorite book to read was The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson. Now I would have to say the one of the only books I can sneak in is during my unauthorized Pi Day, we eat pie and I read them Sir Circumference and the Knights of the Round Table.

Guilty Pleasure--I love cookbooks. I have way too many for the little bit I cook anymore. lol I also like to read the series written by Terri Blackstock.

Professionally--I am still rereading the Book Whisperer trying to get my chapter reviews written. I really enjoyed the book.

Runde's Room

3 comments:

Beverley Baird

I love cookbooks as well! Haven't read any by Terri blackstock - will have to check them out.

Jill

Love your Pi Day ideas! I'm definitely going to check out the book you mentioned.

Magnificent Multiagers!

Runde's Room

Thanks for linking up today!
Oh my goodness - I can't imagine being somewhere I couldn't read to my students (I've even be known to skip lunch to keep reading to my kids in the lunch room).
Cookbooks are one of my guilty pleasures, too - just wish I had more time to try the recipes out!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I love comments. :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...